Thankfully, we no longer have to pull out our chisels to draft a complaint and customer service has come a long way since then.
Expectations of customer service change constantly. We live in a world of instant gratification and norms of the past like staying on hold or awaiting an email reply aren’t cutting it anymore. There have been many “game changers” in the history of customer service, but the latest is Live Chat Software.
Live chat software is an online chat application designed to provide instant assistance to users of a website. There are many benefits to using live chat software including:
- Fast responses to customer enquiries and proactive initial contact
- Cost effective and convenient
- Can help more than one person at the same time
- Quality and effectiveness of customer service can be reviewed using past logs and analytics
- Notifications and additional options of contact can be displayed when a representative isn’t available
There are many providers of live chat software, each offering different services and functionalities. Most live chat providers offer different plans and pricing.
LiveChat boasts over 15,000 companies in 140 countries using their service and have a number of great features available. Their plans range in price starting at $16 per user per month to $50 per user per month, also including a custom pricing plan called “Enterprise Plus”.
* billed annually
$16 per seat per month
$30 per seat per month
$33 per seat per month
$50 per seat per month
Some LiveChat features include:
- 60-day to unlimited Chat History
- Basic to Full chat customisation
- Ticketing System
- 256-bit SSL encryption for Data Security
- Basic to Advanced Reporting for chats, tickets and response times
- Agent Groups to divide your LiveChat by department
- Multiple Brandings to put LiveChat on multiple websites
- Staffing Predictions to report how many agents you need for your chat volume
- Work Scheduler to configure working hours for your agents
Zopim is a popular live chat provider by Zendesk. It offers a 14-day free trial, and also a free Lite plan for small businesses and one-man shows. There are also 3 additional paid plans for mid to large businesses.
Free (1 agent)
$11.20 USD per agent per month
$20 USD per agent per month
$44 USD per agent per month
Zopim features include:
- Unlimited concurrent chats
- Ability for users to rate agents
- Triggers that allows you to create actions based on specific criteria
- Group agents into departments
- Widget customisation
- Managing agents availability status with operating hours
- Chat reports
- Rest API
- Real time monitoring
Tidio chat offers 3 pricing plans, including a free basic plan. You can also try out premium plan features using a 7-day free trial to decide whether you’d like to upgrade.
$12 per agent per month
$24 per operator per month
Tidiochat has a number of great features including:
- Unlimited chats
- Widget customisation
- iOS and Android Apps
- Desktop app and Chrome extension
- Chat History
- Automated messages
- Opening hours
- Pre-chat surveys
- Multilanguage options
- Chat Analytics
- Visitor tracking
- REST API
Tawk.to is a live chat provider founded in 2011. It’s gained a lot of popularity over the years, mostly due to it being rich in features and also completely free. It boasts 250,000 agents as of March 2016, and is constantly being developed with new features being launched.
Here are some of Tawk.to’s great features:
- Customisation of the chat widget
- Complete chat history
- Automated triggers set based on conditions
- Shortcuts allow you to save full sentence answers of common questions under a short command for you to use and save time
- Unlimited agents and concurrent chats
- Able to create multiple Aliases for agents
- Assign agents to departments
- Ability to add different widgets to multiple websites
- Visitor and real-time monitoring
As you can see, you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to Live Chat software. Many providers do include similar functionality and features but ultimately it all comes down to the size of your company, your budget, and personal preference.
Live chat software isn’t going anywhere soon, and remains one of the best ways to offer support to your customers. Improve your customer’s experience with your brand and improve conversions by getting on board with Live Chat software.