In a great blog post titled 'Some quick handy stats about social media and lead generation', branding guru Olivier Blanchard unravels a Hubspot report from February 2011, 'The 2011 State of Inbound Marketing'.
Whilst the 644 respondents to the survey were likely very United States centric, the statistics are
still very revealing and interesting.
We won't repeat the post in it's entirety (visit the blog post to read the whole piece), however here are some very interesting numbers;
- From 2009 to 2011 the percentage of businesses with a blog grew from 48% to 65%.
- 57% of companies using blogs reported that they acquired customers from leads generated directly from their blog.
- 62% of respondents agreed that social media had grown in importance in the last 6 months.
- 53% of respondents who use Twitter acquired a customer through Twitter.
- Frequency of blog posts have a direct effect on customer acquisition - the more frequent, the higher the percentage.
How does this resonate with your own experience? We're certainly aware that many of our clients are starting to put more resources towards their online spend, to the dismay of traditional offline channels. Is your business making the shift?